I was working in Market Square one morning and stopped in Bliss and saw the cutest display (as if everything in that store isn't adorable). It was a shelf made out of a skid pallet just like you see at Home Depot or tossed behind any retail strip mall. It had hooks to hang paintings. So of course I modified the concept and created a shelf for myself. First, I had to find the right pallet - pulled over while driving a few times in attempt to find one intact or not covered in mud. If I was still in my explorer, the mud probably wouldn't have stopped me!

FINALLY, I found the perfect one - a half size sitting outside at a new business construction site.

I added a thin coat of paint. It was such a little amount, I just got a sample from Home Depot (or Home Death Pit as Seth called it as a child).

Testing it out on our bathroom wall!

All decorated!

Just love it! The picture doesn't do it justice! The hardest (and most expensive) part about this project was trying to figure out how to hang it! It really was so easy and cheap -
The pallet - FREE
Paint - $3.00
Wall mounts - $10.00
$13.00 total, not bad!
These pallets are everywhere and it's so unique! I'll do a breakdown of the little projects on the shelf later this week! Hope you like it!
This looks great! Very unique - hope you don't mind if I copy you!
ReplyDeleteI love, love, love this! I think I should just move to Knoxville so we can craft together :)
ReplyDeleteCreative Collage - not at all!
ReplyDeleteLauren - I would love that! We should really consider opening a store in our future!!!
Very creative! I saw somthing similar in a craft magazine, only stained dark...I love the lighter paint you chose. What a great piece for displaying "pretties"!
ReplyDeleteneed to find a pallet !!! I love this idea. Yours looks great !!!!
ReplyDeleteLovely idea - but how DID you hang it? I'm trying to find suitable wall shelving for my apartment, without having to put too many holes in the walls.
ReplyDeleteDo you think it would work (with a bigger pallet) if you leaned one of these up against a wall?
LOVE this idea! I saw it on Tatertots and Jello! sooo creative!
ReplyDeleteLindsey, that is great! I saw this on Tater tots and Jello and had to come check it out. In November my husband and I built our entire dining room table out of pallets. I have to get around to blogging about it. Maybe for my Wednesday post. We still have some pallets left over I may use your idea to decorate one of the walls. Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteohmipiaci - I think that a bigger pallet leaned up against a wall would look great! Mine sat that way until I finally found a way to hang it and I loved it! You could scre eyehooks into the top and hang that on two sturdy nails/screws?
ReplyDeleteMeg - I would love to see your table! So many possibilities with these pallets!
Thanks everyone for the great feedback!
Oh My Gosh this is FAB! My hubby can get those from his work I have to try this. Thank you so much for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing! I would love to feature this project on my blog Reduce, Reuse, Upcycle.
ReplyDeletehttp://reuseandupcycle.blogspot.com
If you have any questions, please email me. Thanks!
Lindsay! As promised here is the first of 3 posts I did about our dining room table made out of pallets. This post directs you to the other 2 posts the build and the masterpiece. I hope you like it. :)
ReplyDeletehttp://madebymeg.net/blog/our-beachy-dining-room-table-we-built-with-pallets-the-plan/
Hi Lindsey, saw you on Tater Tots and Jello. Did you make the LOVE sign yourself too? Love the flowers. They are on my very very long list of DIYs.
ReplyDelete